Sunday, December 18, 2011



(If you'd like to hear the song, just click on the title above.)


The first time I heard this song, I was a new mom with a precious baby girl.  She was a sweet little bundle of cuteness; filled with amazement and possibilities that I couldn’t even begin to wrap my brain around.  Four years later God blessed my husband and I with another precious baby girl that was also full of amazement and possibilities.    

Since hearing that song sixteen years ago, it has become one of my favorite Christmas songs.  Everytime I hear it, it makes me think of God talking to me about my daughters; letting me know that He has all things under control.  I feel like I could insert my name into the song.

"Karen, did you know that your baby girl would someday ...  "

Mary didn’t know all of the miraculous things that God had planned for her (His) son to do while he was on earth.  Just like Mary, I don’t know all of the life experiences that God has planned for my (His) daughters.  But what I do know is this…I can trust in the fact that HE KNOWS.  When I start worrying about their futures, I need to trust that He has great plans for them.  The possibilities of what He can and will do in their lives is endless!  He is a Great Big God that does Great Big Things with sweet little bundles of cuteness. 

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:13-16

Do you have a favorite Christmas song that speaks to your heart too?






2 comments:

  1. Oh Karen! I wasn't going to put my name in the title, I wanted to sing the song with Mary's name in it because I love that song too. But then, you put your name there. God wanted me to hear it with my name, just for me. I guess He knew I needed this today. I have 2 precious boys that were once "my baby boy". They are young men now and as a mother they will always be my baby boys. Thank you so much for reminding me that we are all God's children and that He loves my boys even more than I do.

    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaaren,
    I love sharing my name with you! It seems like we share a lot more than that, as well. :)
    Yes, it is so comforting when we remind ourselves that God loves our children even more than we do. It's hard to imagine a love greater than a mother's love. And to think we are all loved like that! Agape is an amazing thing!
    Blessings..and Merry "Jesus"mas! :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete